Friday, September 22, 2006

Travel to Shanghai

Last Saturday, I travel to Shanghai city. This is the first time I went to Shanghai. The Friday night is a exciting and long. I got up early and went to railway station together with Pen Jing, who would attend a audition.

We arrived at Shanghai at about three in the afternoon. My classmates Liu Ning picked up me, and lead me directly to Nanking Road. Nanking Road is a famous commercial district, full of shops, restaurants, and bars. There are many people on the road. We made a quick glimpse of the New world market. The goods are attractive but expensive.

As we are sightseeing, we talked all the time. I have not seen Liu Ning for nearly three years since we graduated from middle school. I used to doubt whether he might changed a lot these years. However, a short talk eliminate my doubt. He didn't changed a lot. He still had a lovely hasty temper.

At the end of Nanking Road, I could see the figure of Oriental Pearl Tower far from it. It is not as tall as I see in TV before. We quickly cover the last miles way and reached the Waitan. We walked slowly along the Huangpu River and looked at the Oriental Pearl Tower on the opposite bank of Huangpu River, which is the landmark of Shanghai. Maybe I am a little mature, so I didn't became excited as child. In fact, I had a feeling Shanghai is not distant and strange. I walked along Huangpu River just like I jogged along a familiar river in my hometown.

Evening came slowly. The Oriental Pearl Tower light lit on. We took a boat across the Huangpu River. This Pudong side of Huangpu River is quite different from the other side. There were many formidably tall buildings, but with few people. It is lonely there. And when we got near the approximaty of Oriental Pearl Tower, its exhibits its giantness. You need try to lift up your head to see its summit.

We came back to Shanghai Jiaotong University then.

The next day I myself went to Chenghuang Temple. It indeed has a small temple, but it is known for its crafts, pearls and food. You can find various goods there, such as paintings, wood crafts, pearls, sculpture, antiques and so on. It was a pity that I forgot to bring a camera, and what's more I had little money.

I spend my little money on food around Yuyuan. I bought a kind of small cakes called su. It is sweet, just as has been described as the features of Shanghai food. However, I found a kind of food called Ligaodong in a temporary clumsy market at the end of Shanghai Old Street. Ligaodong is icy, which complement the sweetness of su.

The third day in Shanghai is for work. And in the afternoon I made a short sightseeing of Shanghai Jiaotong University.

No comments: