Thursday, March 15, 2007

Offer of USC

When I am preparing the application material of USC, I had an intuitive feeling that they would accept me. The somewhat comic interview with Prof. Xianghong Zhou intensified my feeling. Even during the hard time when some classmates received offer of USC, I still believed that USC would not disregard me. And now, it comes. Congratulations to myself.

I felt that if you have put enough effort into something, you will never be disappointed at last. The saying that "No pains, no gains" tells some truth, but is a little passive, because it implies the situation that you may gain nothing though you worked, e.g "Pains, Still No Gains". God will not be so injustice. I would like to revise it to "Pains, Gains".

I still have a strong feeling that CMU will accept me. I hope my intuition will come true again.

Related previous post:
Interview with Prof. Xianghong Zhou
面试USC

No comments: