Thursday, January 25, 2007

Avril Lavigne: Let Go



The quoted post was written in Sept 2006 when I first listened to Avril. Now during the long nervous and tedious time waiting for the application results, I began to listen to Avril again and naturally some new feelings. This post was originally published in WSH. I feel it better to move it to this blog, which is dedicated for entertainment.

This is the first time I listen to Avril Lavigne. Long before today I have noticed her beautiful name and grace posters. She rarely smiles. She impress you with a cool and pride attitude, something like a girl in one of Murakami Haruki's novel, Dance! Dance!Dance! this kind of girls have a talent to observe and control others. however, I didn't become a fan of Avril then because I have seen too many quick-coming-and -quick-going singers with a beautifle face but an ugly voice. I have a prejudice toward newly emerging actrees.

My idea changed when I come to losing grip, the first song of the album Complicated. Her style is a little like Sun Yanzi, relaxed and comfortable. I continued. the song complicated convert me to a funs of Avril. And then,Tomorrow. The voice souds so sweet that I feel my sweetheart whisp around my ears.
Recommendation & Review
  • complicated free style, free attitude towards love
  • skater boy leave social status and wealth aside, let us follow our heart and love each other. It is true we are nothing now but who knows what will we be like in the future.
  • tomorrow sweet voice, soft style, however, the lyrics is too simple
  • I'm with you I voe to take the girl's hand and take her to a happy place
  • Mobile special and I cannot quite catch its idea
  • Anything but ordinary A heart longing for freedom, crazy, brave love and fly

A good site to see lyrics. The layout is clean and comfortable with messy ads.
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/avril+lavigne/

No comments: